Sustainable Practices

Sustainability is a topic that is very important to us. We maintain a supply chain that respects the planet, as well as each person who is involved with our company. We are committed to ethically sourcing each element of our products. Everything that we purchase and produce must be aligned with our core values. These standards are mandatory and will be strictly monitored by supervisory authorities.

Core Values

Respecting human rights

Fair, healthy and safe working conditions 

Responsible mining

Fair wages 

No child or forced labor 

‚In a world where recent gold mining contaminates drinking water and land with mercury and cyanide, destroys traditional livelihoods and displaces indigenous communities, it is time for sustainability.‘ - Gisa Golpira.

Local craftmanship …

… is what we love. Every piece of Golpira jewelry is handmade locally in Germany by a small team of artisans. The DNA of Golpira reflects high craftsmanship and superior attention to everlasting style. Golpira’s design mission is to make effortless, modern and clean styles. Or in other words, jewelry you will want to pass on as a family heirloom. 

All the Gold … 

... may have come from outer space. 
To keep our supply chain as sustainable as possible, we make sure our suppliers take social and environmental standards seriously. We only source from mines who meet our core values. Golpira uses around 80 % recycled precious gold and the remaining 20 % of gold is certified fairmined ecological gold coming from Finland. 


Fairmined Ecological Gold

Buying only recycled gold doesn’t help improve existing mines, which are the only means of employment for millions of rural people on almost every continent. These people deserve to earn money, but in mines that are socially and environmentally responsible. The miners get a guaranteed fair price, plus an additional premium to cover the costs of the certification and invest in responsible mining operations, social development and environmental protection. Child labor is forbidden. No chemicals like cyanid or mercury are used to extract the gold, only gravimetric methods are allowed. 

Goldnuggets …

... are naturally occurring pieces of gold. Again, as we said it before, to keep our supply chain as sustainable as possible, we make sure our suppliers take social and environmental standards seriously. We only source from mines who meet our core values.

Right now our Gold Nuggets are coming from Papua New Guinea, Australia and South America. All of the Gold Nuggets from these areas have the finest quality. They have a very high purity, will be clean and shiny, and will have a consistent gorgeous overall appearance, with a gorgeous color and surface texture.

We don’t manipulate the gold nuggets, so we don’t hammer, shape or even polish them, when used for our precious jewelry. We leave them in their original shape, just as the gold diggers found them. We use them as they are in designs that suit them. Each nugget looks different, and therein lies its beauty. Whether it is angular or matt, elongated or rough, round or shiny – no two are alike. Each has its own structure, shape and especially its own energy.

 Chains and clasp...

... are certified by Responsible Jewellery Council. RJC is the world’s leading standard-setting organisation for the entire jewellery industry. If you would like to learn more about it, please click here.


All Diamonds… 

… are certified by the Kimberly Process Scheme. Basically it means that our diamonds are conflict free. Just in case you would like to learn more about the Kimberly Process click here


is one of the many aspects we try to improve continuously. Right now, our packaging is plastic-free and made from 100% recycled paper and compostable bio-based or recycled tape. Our jewelry boxes can be re-used to store your jewelry. 


... are fun! We give back through sustainability focused collaborations like our Save the Rainforest Collection of which 100% of revenue goes to support Rainforest Rescue in South America.